[SOLVED] how can i restore bios on gpu ?

Oct 10, 2020
Specs :
ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING
I7 6700
XFX RX 580 8GB
16GB DDR4

My problem is that i was messing around with mining.I tryied to install a mining bios in my gpu .Everything was succesfull but after, restart i got not much difference, so i restored the original bios and after restart i got not signal on my monitor. I try to boot with monitor connected on motherboard but still no signal, unless i physicaly remove my gpu.Then i switched the switcher on my gpu on position 2 and it boots fine but with low clock speeds .I lost the back up of bios but even if i had it, i get no signal on switch 1

These are the details of my gpu and clocks i get from the bios on switch position 2

My question is how can i restore the first bios if i cant get signal to my monitor and where i can find the stock bios to install.Thanks in advance.

Solution
Specs :
ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING
I7 6700
XFX RX 580 8GB
16GB DDR4

My problem is that i was messing around with mining.I tryied to install a mining bios in my gpu .Everything was succesfull but after, restart i got not much difference, so i restored the original bios and after restart i got not signal on my monitor. I try to boot with monitor connected on motherboard but still no signal, unless i physicaly remove my gpu.Then i switched the switcher on my gpu on position 2 and it boots fine but with low clock speeds .I lost the back up of bios but even if i had it, i get no signal on switch 1

These are the details of my gpu...
Specs :
ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING
I7 6700
XFX RX 580 8GB
16GB DDR4

These are the details of my gpu and clocks i get from the bios on switch position 2

My question is how can i restore the first bios if i cant get signal to my monitor and where i can find the stock bios to install.Thanks in advance.
Please give ten minutes I'm making a video for you.

Specs :
ASUS Z170i PRO GAMING
I7 6700
XFX RX 580 8GB
16GB DDR4

Video uploaded give 5-10 minutes for it to process and have 1440p quality (youtube psh)
View: https://youtu.be/THxJZfTS4sc

Solution
the stock bios version is on of those on 1366Mhz but cant tell which one
Yes, it is safe and this one I'd say should be the working one https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/215840/xfx-rx580-8192-190820
after following the video run msi kombustor donut 6500mb for 15 minutes and turn on artifact scanner. Once 15 minutes have past at the bottom right corner the artifact scanner should read 0/0
but please try to find out exactly what card you have that way you can get the 100% confirmed bios since I'm 99% sure that the one I linked is correct.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020
Yes, it is safe and this one I'd say should be the working one https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/215840/xfx-rx580-8192-190820
after following the video run msi kombustor donut 6500mb for 15 minutes and turn on artifact scanner. Once 15 minutes have past at the bottom right corner the artifact scanner should read 0/0
but please try to find out exactly what card you have that way you can get the 100% confirmed bios since I'm 99% sure that the one I linked is correct.
Thanks a lot! new bios booted with correct clocks
d2s.png

already running kombustor smoothly till now