[SOLVED] How can I restore corrupted Hard Drive files after Dell Inspiron got the blue screen and locked up?

Irene_16

Honorable
Aug 7, 2017
I got the blue screen error and could not sign in and after many tries I was able to but it took up to five minutes to load Windows 10 and use any files or keys the first few times and then after that it was restarted many times because of slowness and the hardware test were done and said nothing wrong but now many of my hard drive files are corrupted. Is there any way to restore and if so what is the best way. I really need all of my embroidery designs I have paid for. Should I use chkdsk or an other program? I do not understand computer operations anymore so newbee here. Thank you.

Solution
Corrupt and then overwritten = probably gone.

You need EXTERNAL backup if there are any files that you care about.

If you have had a failure file linkages may be broken.
Run CHKDSK. It tries to resolve broken linkages.

Plan on using a usb connected backup.
Try to copy whatever files you can so this does not happen again.

Irene_16

Honorable
Aug 7, 2017
I appreciate your answer and I do use an External backup drive but the ones I lost are current ones and backed up and only kept one file like a dummy and I lost the ones in between. I did not think about keeping the prior 4 or 5 copies of backups. The setting will usually keep your older files if the same but I found out the hard way that is not always the case. I also used Chkdsk thanks and realize that files get overwritten on the hard drive as you use it so the file might not be able to be repaired but I was hoping there was a different soloution from someone that is an expert.

USAFRet

Titan
Corrupt and then overwritten = probably gone.

Solution