[SOLVED] How can I run my ram at 3600 full speed

Feb 5, 2020
I just bought 4x8 3600 MHz xpg z1 memory and it only shows up as 2600 on my PC. What can I do to rectify this. Also where can I find docp on a gigbyte elite board? Just forgot I have a 2700x cpu and a x570 motherboard. Also would 3200 MHz ram speed this up a lot?

Solution
I just bought 4x8 3600 MHz xpg z1 memory and it only shows up as 2600 on my PC. What can I do to rectify this. Also where can I find docp on a gigbyte elite board? Just forgot I have a 2700x cpu and a x570 motherboard. Also would 3200 MHz ram speed this up a lot?

You will likely have to manually tune your voltages and timings since 3600MT/s is quite a bit above specification for Ryzen 2700x. DOCP (Direct Over Clock Profile) is an ASUS standard only. Also 4 ranks is going to be much harder on the dual channel memory controller to get that fast. The DIMM slot topology of the motherboard (serial or parallel) will also be a factor. Parallel (T-Topology) works better for 4 DIMMs.

It might sound overwhelming to a beginner. The best...

You will likely have to manually tune your voltages and timings since 3600MT/s is quite a bit above specification for Ryzen 2700x. DOCP (Direct Over Clock Profile) is an ASUS standard only. Also 4 ranks is going to be much harder on the dual channel memory controller to get that fast. The DIMM slot topology of the motherboard (serial or parallel) will also be a factor. Parallel (T-Topology) works better for 4 DIMMs.

It might sound overwhelming to a beginner. The best thing to do first is read your motherboard manual, then learn what all of the settings do in your BIOS. Learn how to CLEAR CMOS before you start tuning RAM, just in case your board cannot automatically recover from a failed POST.

Solution