[SOLVED] How can I set up 2 physical connections in different locations on 1 network, without running a cable through my entire house.

Oct 7, 2020
My wife and I both have PC, hers is in the living room area and mine is in a home office on the second floor. We have tried having one person on wireless and one person on CAT5, but the wireless user consistently gets bad connections. Both locations have Coaxial plugins into the wall.

Could I just use a Coax-CAT5 adapter and have both on the same network?

Can I utilize a second modem/router on the same network for the desired effect?

I am trying to avoid running a CAT5 across the entirety of the house, and I am hoping to not need to buy repeaters or something similar.

I need the consistent connection for work, and my wife uses her PC for gaming on a regular basis, so having 2 wired connections is rather important to our daily operations.

kanewolf

Titan
My wife and I both have PC, hers is in the living room area and mine is in a home office on the second floor. We have tried having one person on wireless and one person on CAT5, but the wireless user consistently gets bad connections. Both locations have Coaxial plugins into the wall.

Could I just use a Coax-CAT5 adapter and have both on the same network?

Can I utilize a second modem/router on the same network for the desired effect?

I am trying to avoid running a CAT5 across the entirety of the house, and I am hoping to not need to buy repeaters or something similar.

I need the consistent connection for work, and my wife uses her PC for gaming on a regular basis, so having 2 wired connections is rather important to our daily operations.
If you have coax, you should research MoCA. That is the proper way to convert ethernet to cable.