Question How can I set up a network for a travel agency office?

Nov 29, 2019
Hi everybody,

I have got to set up a network for a travel agency business. I have been told that I may include DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and the Domain Controller all together in only one server. Is that actually correct and convenient? Thanks! :)

USAFRet

Titan
Hi everybody,

I have got to set up a network for a travel agency business. I have been told that I may include DNS, DHCP, Active Directory and the Domain Controller all together in only one server. Is that actually correct and convenient? Thanks! :)
Can all that be done on one 'server' ?
Sure.

But if the client is savvy enough to know those terms and how they interact, why isn't he just doing it himself?
Moreover, if you don't know the answer to the question, how did you come to be setting up this network?

Of course, there's a thousand of other questions that need to be asked and answered before the first penny is spent.

Nov 29, 2019
Can all that be done on one 'server' ?
Sure.

But if the client is savvy enough to know those terms and how they interact, why isn't he just doing it himself?
Moreover, if you don't know the answer to the question, how did you come to be setting up this network?

Of course, there's a thousand of other questions that need to be asked and answered before the first penny is spent.
It is not a real concrete scenario. It is just hypothetical. I do not get any penny for this project. ;) I am a student and just trying to work out this project. 🆒:unsure::)

USAFRet

Titan
It is not a real concrete scenario. It is just hypothetical. I do not get any penny for this project. ;) I am a student and just trying to work out this project. 🆒:unsure::)
Well, we're not going to do the homework for you.

Do your research, design something. Show us.
When you get stuck on a particular point, ask. We'll be glad to help.

But you have to do the upfront work.