How can I shop for adequate graphics card for my i5-8400 ? I just want it to work, second hand is fine

Bruno Vincent

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Now I have the intel HD630 in my i5-8400 and it's just fine with me.

But the new board I want to buy has no HDMI, so I want to buy a used graphics cards, dirt cheap.

All I'm looking for is the same or a little better performance than my hd630 , specs over here:

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Intel+HD+630

I don't game.

And idea what kind of graphics card I should look for? Looking for a used one on FB groups, I absolutely don't care about FPS or any gaming performance!

Even if the graphics card is a 1995 and it does the job without breaking I'm fine with it ;)

CPU/Processor: Intel i5-8400
Memory: DDR4 16 GIGS Kingston Hyper X Furry
PSU: Corsair VS450
Intel HD Graphics 630
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
SSD 1: Samsung EVO 860 250Gigs
SSD 2: Samsung EVO 850 120Gigs
HDD 3: Hitachi 1 terra

Solution
The HD graphics you are using are very basic, for general computer use. A good used choice would be an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. You should be able to find one cheap. It's much faster than the HD graphics, and will accelerate any software that allows for it.

A 1050 Ti is much faster, and has 4gb vram. If your work is a bit more demanding on the videocard it would be a good choice. If you don't need that much power though then it's a waste of money. I'd stay away from older AMD cards only because the older ones tend to use a lot of power. A new inexpensive card that is also a possible upgrade for you is the GT 1030 DDR5 card. That card is essentially designed for people who don't need a gaming card but want something more powerful than the HD...

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention where you're located, what your preferred budget is for your intended GPU and what your current specs are. List your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

You also need to inform us with what you intend to do with the system. Chances are you might've gotten the wrong board which is why you don't have HDMI. Pretty much every board out there has HDMI onboard. If you haven't bought the board yet, we could help guide you to a board that does have an HDMI port on the rear I/O panel.

Bruno Vincent

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

CPU/Processor: Intel i5-8400
Memory: DDR4 16 GIGS Kingston Hyper X Furry
PSU: Corsair VS450
Intel HD Graphics 630
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit
SSD 1: Samsung EVO 860 250Gigs
SSD 2: Samsung EVO 850 120Gigs
HDD 3: Hitachi 1 terra

Bruno Vincent

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Watch youtube, photoshop, illustrator , productivity, run virtual machines with Virtual box

The HD graphics you are using are very basic, for general computer use. A good used choice would be an Nvidia GTX 750 Ti. You should be able to find one cheap. It's much faster than the HD graphics, and will accelerate any software that allows for it.

A 1050 Ti is much faster, and has 4gb vram. If your work is a bit more demanding on the videocard it would be a good choice. If you don't need that much power though then it's a waste of money. I'd stay away from older AMD cards only because the older ones tend to use a lot of power. A new inexpensive card that is also a possible upgrade for you is the GT 1030 DDR5 card. That card is essentially designed for people who don't need a gaming card but want something more powerful than the HD graphics they are already using, like you.

edit: I just reread your post and realized you just want a replacement 'dirt cheap' and with HDMI output. There's a lot out there that'll fit that bill. From AMD HD 6450/7450 to Nvidia GT 710/730. I'd favor Nvidia here as their older low end cards still get driver support.

Solution