grchris32

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
Hello, I have an FX-8350 and im sick of this :
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/VgbVEkJ

Many say its because VRM is overheating, but HWmonitor shows 60 degress maximum while others say 100+ is bad
CPU is at 60 degs MAX (Cooler : NZXT Kraken m22)
my motherboard is a Gigabyte 990x Gaming SLI , Yes people say it has poor cooling but monitors dont show above 60 degs
What I want, is a guide on how I could slightly underclock, so I can slightly decrease performance since on the games I play, I have FPS to spare and only those dips annoy me.
OR find out what the actual cause is, note that my cpu is running at max ghz all the time (4.10) wont ever go below that, idk why
Thanks

Many people running AOIs lack the little bit of airflow across the MB that a conventional heat sink/fan would provide...

Try opening the case, and aiming a small case fan across the mainboard's power regulators...; if your thottle-like behavior improves, you've found your issue

grchris32

Reputable
Dec 26, 2017
Many people running AOIs lack the little bit of airflow across the MB that a conventional heat sink/fan would provide...

Try opening the case, and aiming a small case fan across the mainboard's power regulators...; if your thottle-like behavior improves, you've found your issue
Im actually planning to do this, if its a VRM problem, Ill have to underclock because im afraid of changing the cooling solution

TRENDING THREADS