Question How can I solve the following problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 20, 2020
Tom's Hardware does not support any form of software piracy. None. Period.
I recently started to experience a really wierd problem with my secondary monitor. So when I boot my pc the monitor works just fine for up to 40 seco nds then it turns black. The LED indicator on the monitor shows that it is connected and I find it in the windows settings. When I restart only my monitor it also shows image for like 20 seconds then it turns black again. I have tried the monitor with my ps4 and its working there so I have started to think it is something in my settings or my os. About a week ago I also actived windows with a non offical method or whatever you call it. The monitor did work about a week after the windows activation crap . I find this very wierd and I cant find any solution or someone else with the same problem.

Thankfull for any ideas on solutions.

Jan 20, 2020
I recently started to experience a really wierd problem with my secondary monitor. So when I boot my pc the monitor works just fine for up to 40 seco nds then it turns black. The LED indicator on the monitor shows that it is connected and I find it in the windows settings. When I restart only my monitor it also shows image for like 20 seconds then it turns black again. I have tried the monitor with my ps4 and its working there so I have started to think it is something in my settings or my os. The monitor did work about a week after the windows activation crap . I find this very wierd and I cant find any solution or someone else with the same problem.

Thankfull for any ideas on solutions.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Same system with pirated Windows? That could be part of the issue.

Also, an overheating GPU, poor/failing power supply, loose cables. What is the make/model of your power supply and the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of each component)?

RealBeast

Titan
Are you sure that it is on the correct input setting?

With my Dells I often attach several computers and switch between DP, HDMI, and VGA inputs often.

And yes, with the last MS updates, I had to reinstall my GPU drivers for odd issues that my be this for you.

Jan 20, 2020
Same system with pirated Windows? That could be part of the issue.

Also, an overheating GPU, poor/failing power supply, loose cables. What is the make/model of your power supply and the specs for the rest of your system (make/model of each component)?
Yes it is the same os. I just deleted that part because I really want to solve this problem. my cpu should be cooled but i did cheap out on the psu so it might be that. Here is a the list https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KRgyV7.
Can I deactivate the windows and go back to using the unactivated version if it turns out the be the problem.

Thanks for helping

Jan 20, 2020
Are you sure that it is on the correct input setting?

With my Dells I often attach several computers and switch between DP, HDMI, and VGA inputs often.

And yes, with the last MS updates, I had to reinstall my GPU drivers for odd issues that my be this for you.
I will try to reinstall drivers

thx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.