[SOLVED] How can I start my system and get into my Bios with my Rtx 2060?

May 30, 2022
Hello, I built myself a pc system in the last days. My specs are: Intel Core I5 11400f, Gigabyte B560m ds3h v2, Msi Rtx 2060 Ventus, bequiet System Power 9 500W Psu, Crucial Ballistix 16gb 3200. I first built the system only with the motherboard the Gpu the processor and the ram sticks (also the cpu cooler). When I started the system the fans from the cpu cooler spinned and also the ones from the Gpu. But there was nothing on the screen. I could not get into the bios. After that, I replaced the Rtx2060 with my old Gtx970. With the Gtx970 I could get into the Bios and the ram the cpu and the gpu was detected. I don‘t know what the problem is and I would like to know what I can do so that I can start the system with the Rtx2060. Thank you

Solution
You are fortunate to have an old gpu around to test with.
Otherwise diagnosis would be much harder.
That is one good reason to spend a bit more for the non f version of a processor.

I would assume that you have properly connected your monitor cables and that the monitor is set to select the appropriate input.
Monitor OSD should verify this.

The psu connections will be a bit different. Likely two 6 pin on the old 970 vs. a single 8 (or 6+2)pin on the2060. Verify that they are securely attached.
Verify that the cpu motherboard connection is via the EPS 4+4 cable, and the gpu is connected with a 6+2 pcie cable.

If no joy, you might have a defective product that should be returned.
You are fortunate to have an old gpu around to test with.
Otherwise diagnosis would be much harder.
That is one good reason to spend a bit more for the non f version of a processor.

I would assume that you have properly connected your monitor cables and that the monitor is set to select the appropriate input.
Monitor OSD should verify this.

The psu connections will be a bit different. Likely two 6 pin on the old 970 vs. a single 8 (or 6+2)pin on the2060. Verify that they are securely attached.
Verify that the cpu motherboard connection is via the EPS 4+4 cable, and the gpu is connected with a 6+2 pcie cable.

If no joy, you might have a defective product that should be returned.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS