[SOLVED] How can I stop CMOS non-stop high decibel annoying sound?

Jan 25, 2021
My motherboard Gigabyte G41m combo Rev. 2.0....I tried to remove CMOS battery, but failed...Then PC started booted, but saw that CMOS Checksum Error..then this annoying sound appeared & a bios type box option appeared, don't why this for & don't know what should I do. Gigabyte motherboard users know what it is. There was countdown & I was waiting for auto normally boot. PC opened, but still sounds On! latest BIOS & PC Date-time everything is okay.

If I remove motherboard speaker to relive from this annoying sound, is there any problem? My CMOS battery okay?

Last edited:
Solution
Ds_Tech & dorsai

My problem is solved! The correct right way & safely way to clear CMOS is you have to use jumper or screwdriver electrical shock on motherboard CLR_CMOS/RCT_CMOS two or 3pin. Otherwise, If you try to clear CMOS by removing the battery there's might chance that you'll see CMOS Checksum Error & annoying sounds like me.
Jan 25, 2021
May be bios problem it is asking for flash bios again. Is it again showing bios box and numbers when restart.

Ds_Tech @Ds_Tech

Maybe CMOS Cr2032 lithium battery almost near to death, but most importantly it was working fine...problems occurs after I tried to remove the battery. 3-4 years ago I brought this motherboard in intact condition from a famous computer store. They don't sell used products.

Again I successfully removed the battery, then I saw that BIOS box again (" There was countdown & I was waiting for auto normally boot" ). . It was a boot options choice...1. Default, 2. Last Known Good & others.

But that annoying sound problem stills ongoing. If I several times restart my computer then that bios box never appeared.

Forcedly, I removed this motherboard speaker....now my ears in peace. But problems maybe stills ongoing. I can't hear anymore cause I removed the speaker.

I'm on latest bios update, but I tried to reinstall it...but more surprisingly it showing that it does not support 64 bit, actually whole the time it was running on 64bit! I installed it on 64bit all the time, Don't know why it's acting wired now.

Last edited:
OK a couple things...
1st - You do have the BIOS battery installed correct ? If there's no battery the motherboard may be in an alarm state once the PC gets power from the PSU. If the battery is in the board did you install it upside down by mistake ?

2nd - You update the BIOS through the BIOS...copy only the g41mc2 file to the root of a flash drive and go into the BIOS...once the BIOS loads hit F8 and the board should see the new BIOS.

Reactions: Saud128
Jan 25, 2021
OK a couple things...
1st - You do have the BIOS battery installed correct ? If there's no battery the motherboard may be in an alarm state once the PC gets power from the PSU. If the battery is in the board did you install it upside down by mistake ?

2nd - You update the BIOS through the BIOS...copy only the g41mc2 file to the root of a flash drive and go into the BIOS...once the BIOS loads hit F8 and the board should see the new BIOS.

dorsai @dorsai, Are you a Gigabyte motherboard user?

1st: If the battery is in the board did you install it upside down by mistake ?

Nope, put it right back as it was before....

Am I in danger If continue running this PC without solving this problem? I'm in peace cause I'm not hearing anymore that sound!

2nd: Do you think this method will solve my problems? Don't I have to buy the new CMOS battery?

I have 32GB Pendrive, It got lots of data stored...So, my all files will be harmless?

"the root of a flash drive" I didn't catch you. I have to watch YouTube tutorials for this one.

Last edited:
dorsai @dorsai, Are you a Gigabyte motherboard user?

1st: If the battery is in the board did you install it upside down by mistake ?

Nope, put it right back as it was before....

Am I in danger If continue running this PC without solving this problem? I'm in peace cause I'm not hearing anymore that sound!

2nd: Do you think this method will solve my problems? Don't I have to buy the new CMOS battery?

I have 32GB Pendrive, It got lots of data stored...So, my all files will be harmless?

"the root of a flash drive" I didn't catch you. I have to watch YouTube tutorials for this one.

Yes you likely need a new battery...they are usually good for 5 years or so of use.

I am speculating that a dead cmos battery may be causing the motherboard alarm when you apply power to it at startup...I have not had a motherboard with a speaker on it in quite some time.

If you have the pendrive formatted to FAT32 you shouldn't need to do anything else with it since you're not running an executable or booting from it. The Q-flash program in the BIOS should recognize the pendrive when formatted to FAT32. Depending on the age of the motherboard a 32g pendrive may be too large for it to detect so you might want to pick up a cheap 4g or 8g pendrive to have on hand for computer work like flashing a BIOS.

Jan 25, 2021
Yes you likely need a new battery...they are usually good for 5 years or so of use.

I am speculating that a dead cmos battery may be causing the motherboard alarm when you apply power to it at startup...I have not had a motherboard with a speaker on it in quite some time.
dorsai @dorsai

As far I know CMOS lithium battery stays alive 5 years to up to 7 years without any problems. Mine one haven't reached 5 years yet! (But before buying it from the store it was stocked in the store for many days or years) Motherboard use CMOS battery when PC is on shutdown, my PC regularly sleeps 8 to 10 hours only.

If you have the pendrive formatted to FAT32 you shouldn't need to do anything else with it since you're not running an executable or booting from it. The Q-flash program in the BIOS should recognize the pendrive when formatted to FAT32. Depending on the age of the motherboard a 32g pendrive may be too large for it to detect so you might want to pick up a cheap 4g or 8g pendrive to have on hand for computer work like flashing a BIOS.

My Pendrive format is NTFS, I can't format it! Don't wanna lose the data, I don't have any other backup options. I have to find another empty pendrive If I wanna do.

Please check Gigabytes reply regarding my problems:
I lied to Gigabytes , both are not same brand..Adata & Transcend, but both are 1333 bus ram.

Jan 25, 2021
<<Removed by moderator>>

When I enter on Delete BIOS setting, especially on CPU...It shows that overclock error...but I didn't overclock, every settings in Default . 1333 bus ram now running on 800 bus or 400mhz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 25, 2021
Ds_Tech & dorsai

My problem is solved! The correct right way & safely way to clear CMOS is you have to use jumper or screwdriver electrical shock on motherboard CLR_CMOS/RCT_CMOS two or 3pin. Otherwise, If you try to clear CMOS by removing the battery there's might chance that you'll see CMOS Checksum Error & annoying sounds like me.

Last edited:
Solution