[SOLVED] How can I stop getting kicked off internet

TrollFace1524

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I live in a share house with about 9 people using internet (may not be using at same time) and the internet when working, it is perfect; playing games at around 40 ms with no lag spikes. At night it goes down to like 20 ms.

The problem is, I get disconnected from the wi-fi at exactly 11:30:00 PM till 12:00 midnight, constantly, everyday.

First I thought maybe because everyone was using the internet so maybe it's just a crash, but after around one week of this irritating down time, I'm now looking at the possibility that someone, even the landlord it banning me off the internet during that time period. I know 30 minutes isn't much of a deal but being the kid who sleeps all morning and midday, go to work during afternoon and coming home late night, it gets up my nerver.

Another factor that I believe I'm getting kicked out is due to the other flatmates pointing fingers at me for bad internet usually around that time period.

Solution
Although you can with special software to change the mac address on certain wifi card I would purchase a very inexpensive usb one purely to test the theory they are restricting you. They would have to be limiting it by mac address. Since the wifi is likely protected by a common password you should be able to use a different nic card without telling anyone. You will know very quickly if there are limitation placed on your other nic.
Although you can with special software to change the mac address on certain wifi card I would purchase a very inexpensive usb one purely to test the theory they are restricting you. They would have to be limiting it by mac address. Since the wifi is likely protected by a common password you should be able to use a different nic card without telling anyone. You will know very quickly if there are limitation placed on your other nic.

Solution