[SOLVED] How can I stop my PC from restarting when playing?

Sep 14, 2020
Hello,

I bought a PC build last month. It doesn't have video card yet but everything works perfectly fine, even when I'm playing Dota2 or Valorant. Yesterday, I bought a new power supply to support my video card PSU: AeroCool Rave 500W 80Plus White PSU and my video card is AsRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 570 4GB GDDR5 256bit Video Card. When I tried playing (any games) the computer automatically restarts. I don't know what the problem is.

Solution
Really!? It was actually recommended by the shop where i first bought my PC :(

Do not trust any shop. They will tell you anything to sell their products. If that shop told you this was an amazing PSU for your system they don't know what they are talking about and the fact that they are a computer shop selling computer stuff it's scary.

I would not buy anything less than a Corsair CX 550 Watts. You have to buy a good brand and a good model when buying a PSU.
Sep 14, 2020
The issue is likely your new PSU. It is of very questionable quality and is probably not providing sufficient power to the GPU when it is under load (like when gaming).

That's what I also think, but I'm too nervous to ask the shop about it because I might be wrong. When I didn't have a video card, my existing PSU is I think the generic one, CVS 700W. When I picked up my unit yesterday, I found out that they changed it to 500W but while I was researching, I saw one article that having bigger WATTS doesn't always mean it's better and it should have the 80Plus thingy to be considered "better" so I'm more confused right now.

Really!? It was actually recommended by the shop where i first bought my PC :(

Do not trust any shop. They will tell you anything to sell their products. If that shop told you this was an amazing PSU for your system they don't know what they are talking about and the fact that they are a computer shop selling computer stuff it's scary.

I would not buy anything less than a Corsair CX 550 Watts. You have to buy a good brand and a good model when buying a PSU.

Solution
Sep 14, 2020

Okay, I will keep that in mind. Thank you so much!