Question How can i stop the black/white screen of death?

Feb 4, 2020
Hi, i have this build for half a year, i had the problem since the first week or so but i didnt have time to try to fix it, but after a couple of weeks i saw it less. When im playing games my screen turns white 90% of time like 9%black and sometimes when i try Totaly Reliable Delivery Service it goes green or a random color which i saw before it crashed.I use MSI Afterburner to track my gpu temps and its 60-65C which i heard its normal, the thing is i have to underclock my gpu if i overclock it or its normal it crashes faster.

My specs are:

Power Supply: Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze, 620WGPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1650 Windforce OC 4GB GDDR5 128-bitCPU: AMD RYZEN 5 3600, 3.6GHz/4.2GHz, Socket AM4, 100-100000031BOXMother Board: ASRock B450 PRO4, AM4, DDR4Memmory: 16gigs of ADATA Premier 8GB DDR4, 2666 MHz, CL19and idk if it helps my hard drive: HDD WD Blue 1TB, 7200rpm, 64MB cache, SATA III

Its built by me and my dad, it might have some lose wires that im not aware, i looked around a bit and i dont see any which are put wrong.I dont have any spare parts, so i cant test to see wheres the problem, although i suspect its the gpu(i checked the wires to my monitor they are placed corectly)

At first it white screened in Minecraft, now it dosent have any problem with the game(on high graphics) it does white screen ocasionaly in CS GO. It dosent crash regularly, from just opening the games to 30mins or so to even 2+ hours. Some games which it crashes anyway after a while are: Totaly Reliable Delivery Service, Watch Dogs 2, Watch Dogs 1, Just Cause 4, The Talos Principle, Steep, etc.( i didnt spend money on these games thankfully, i got them for free on epic games so im not that salty for losing money)

When it crashes i cant use my keyboard/mouse i can hear sounds but if i talk to friends they cant hear me, i can see the lights from the fan still working and i can still hear them.

I have the lastest GPU Drivers, i dont have a secondary gpu on my motherboard, i tried what i saw on other forums and none work...I tried today furmark i got a score of 2438 it was underclocked and it hit 60C im a bit scared to try it normal/overclocked to not damage the gpu(although i wouldnt be surpised if its already damaged).The settings in MSI Afterburner are: coreclock -210mhz, memory clock -275mhz, i tried it with settings that are higher but again it crashed faster.

TL;DR:My monitor goes white/black/other color on the screen(less frequently), i can still hear sounds, or the fans working, keyboard/mouse dont work.

Any help would be amazing, have a nice day!

Forgot to mention this only hapens when playing games.

TRENDING THREADS