[SOLVED] How can I switch my C: and D: drive?

Jun 17, 2020
Currently my C: drive is a 500 GB SSD with my windows installation and a couple games, and my D: drive is a 2 TB HDD. I want to make my 2 TB HDD my C: drive with my windows installation and the default place for apps to download and make my SSD my D: drive that is used for specific apps that I want to be faster. How do I do this?

Solution
Currently my C: drive is a 500 GB SSD with my windows installation and a couple games, and my D: drive is a 2 TB HDD. I want to make my 2 TB HDD my C: drive with my windows installation and the default place for apps to download and make my SSD my D: drive that is used for specific apps that I want to be faster. How do I do this?
  1. You can't just switch the drive letters around.
  2. Putting the OS on the 2TB is actually the way wrong way to go about this.

The SSD being the C drive is absolutely the best config.

If you use Steam games, you can install on both/either. And make whichever the default install location.
Origin has a similar function, I believe.

For other applications, you choose where they install to when...

USAFRet

Titan

If you use Steam games, you can install on both/either. And make whichever the default install location.

For other applications, you choose where they install to when you install them.
Things that don't need the SSD speed (doc/music/movies...store them on the HDD.

Solution
Jun 17, 2020

For other applications, you choose where they install to when you install them.
Things that don't need the SSD speed (doc/music/movies...store them on the HDD.
Okay, thank you