[SOLVED] How can I tell if my motherboard or CPU is fine?

Nov 4, 2020
My PC does not boot into BIOS and it doesn't send signal to the monitor, keyboard, or mouse. My problem isn't my GPU, RAM, and PSU, as I tested them in a different system and that system still worked. So basically the culprit is either my CPU or MOBO. I can't test the CPU in my other system since it is a B450 without a BIOS update. Any thoughts?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte Aorus B550m Pro (rev 1)
EVGA Geforce 1660 super SC Ultra
EVGA 500 BQ
16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200

Solution
My PC does not boot into BIOS and it doesn't send signal to the monitor, keyboard, or mouse. My problem isn't my GPU, RAM, and PSU, as I tested them in a different system and that system still worked. So basically the culprit is either my CPU or MOBO. I can't test the CPU in my other system since it is a B450 without a BIOS update. Any thoughts?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA 500 BQ
My thoughts are that the vast majority of time...in my experience....it's the motherboard and not the CPU.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
EVGA 500 BQ
My thoughts are that the vast majority of time...in my experience....it's the motherboard and not the CPU.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS