Question How can I tell if my PSU is under-powered?

detralt

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
So I just got a Vega 56 card, and I've noticed that while yes there is a performance boost, there is a lot of stuttering and it's really getting on my nerves. I have a 650w PSU along with a Ryzen 5 2600 and razer mouse and keyboard and some extra fans. Is it the PSU that's causing this or not?

WildCard999

Titan
I don't go above 50c on CPU and 70c on my GPU and oddly enough my framerate is consistent but it still stutters, even with V-Sync
Ok, this sounds awfully similar to a issue I had previously. Stuttering with consistent FPS and no overheating. The fix was changing the cable from the GPU to monitor. Was initially a HDMI cable that came with the monitor but then swapped it to DisplayPort and that fixed it.

If possible buy it from a local store (that way if it doesn't fix the issue it's a easier return then online) and try it. Let me know what happens.

detralt

Commendable
Apr 2, 2017
Ok, this sounds awfully similar to a issue I had previously. Stuttering with consistent FPS and no overheating. The fix was changing the cable from the GPU to monitor. Was initially a HDMI cable that came with the monitor but then swapped it to DisplayPort and that fixed it.

If possible buy it from a local store (that way if it doesn't fix the issue it's a easier return then online) and try it. Let me know what happens.
Yea I'm gonna go get one soon but oddly enough the issue isn't with all games, some games run smoother than silk, but I'll see if it fixes it nonetheless