[SOLVED] How can i test my pc parts to see which one causes blue screen?

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
I've been having a problem since I've got my PC (2 years ago) where some days or even weeks it just keeps getting bluescreens on completely random moments and completely random error codes I've even fully reset my PC to factory settings and reinstalled Windows 10 and I got a bluescreen the second i logged in. this is making me think that it's a part in my PC that is causing the problem. Is there any way to check what part this is?

Processor: Amd ryzen 5 2600x
Grapics card: xrx radeon Rx 5700 DD ultra 8gb gddr6
Motherboard: Asrock b450m pro4
Case: Cooler master N400
Power supply: Corsair rm850 gold
32gb of ram
256gb ssd and 2tb harddrive

PS: I'm not really good at things that have to do with PC's, so please try to explain things as clear as possible.

Solution
If memory stability is in doubt, run memtest86+ for several hours / 5+ complete passes. If you get any errors, you have a problem.

If the errors are always on the same bits at the same addresses, you have a bad memory cell issue and need to replace whichever DIMMs the bad bits are in.

If you get errors at many different addresses, then you have a bus issue and may be able to fix it by lowering memory clock. It is common for memory to require lower clocks when more memory chips are on the bus due to increased bus loading and more wiring stubs diminishing signal integrity. How severe the down-clocking will be varies depending on the DIMMs, motherboard and CPU. For long-term stability reasons, you will likely want to nudge memory speed...
How many sticks of memory are you using?
If you are using more than one....find out in the MB manual where to put one stick (to run on one stick)....and try and run on one stick....see what happens.....then the other stick....if there are 4....do all 4.
The problem could also be the PSU acting up but I think a 2 yo old Corsair RM....is probably less likely to act up than the memory.

It could also be temps....but usually a temp problem isn't completely random.

Mr.snobdam

Commendable
Feb 9, 2020
How many sticks of memory are you using?
If you are using more than one....find out in the MB manual where to put one stick (to run on one stick)....and try and run on one stick....see what happens.....then the other stick....if there are 4....do all 4.
The problem could also be the PSU acting up but I think a 2 yo old Corsair RM....is probably less likely to act up than the memory.

It could also be temps....but usually a temp problem isn't completely random.
I have 4 ram sticks but i have 2 sets from a different brand, does that make a difference in how i should place them? At the moment i have 1 set on the first slot and the third and the other set on the second and fourth slot.
Also the power supply is only 8 months old because i replaced an old one.

"does that make a difference "
Yes. Ideally they should all be from the same set....but sometimes they will work together.

I would have one set in A2 B2 and the other set in A1 B1.

Not only try with one stick. I would also try each set individually in A2 B2.

I'm seeing if you are only using one set...it looks like you use A2 and B2.

InvalidError

Titan
If memory stability is in doubt, run memtest86+ for several hours / 5+ complete passes. If you get any errors, you have a problem.

If the errors are always on the same bits at the same addresses, you have a bad memory cell issue and need to replace whichever DIMMs the bad bits are in.

If you get errors at many different addresses, then you have a bus issue and may be able to fix it by lowering memory clock. It is common for memory to require lower clocks when more memory chips are on the bus due to increased bus loading and more wiring stubs diminishing signal integrity. How severe the down-clocking will be varies depending on the DIMMs, motherboard and CPU. For long-term stability reasons, you will likely want to nudge memory speed one or two notches below the highest seemingly stable speed you can confirm with memtest86+.

Reactions: Krotow
Solution