How can i test this case?

G

Just bought a fong Kai 32o ATX case, but I have no motherboard or cpu to test it with. Is there anyway for me to test the power supply without the components? Should anything happen when I plug in the AC cord?

Pentium WHAT? It's not contagious is it?

Stick a piece of copper wire into one of the power cable plugs, put your tongue on the other end of the wire. You'll know quick enough if its working.

Seriously, there's no good reason for it not to be working if its new.

Disclaimer:

Anyone attempting the above instruction (which was put in for a bit of mild humour) should be caned for being stupid!

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>

Mavicator

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2001
Plug it in and turn on the power switch. The fan should run. If you want to really get into it you can test the voltage coming out of the leads with a voltmeter, but I doubt it's necessary considering it's new.

-- Ah sh*t! sys64738 --

G

many power supplies will not work if there are no devices plugged it... you can plug a hard drive in and see if it works. however many PSU's have multi switching voltages... how far does it really need to be tested??!!?

G

see thats the thing...I dont trust the place I bought it from. Its a place called Directron.com. The case looks like its been used, and a tab on the back was broken(they claim it happens all the time and theyll replace the tab). I wanna make sure because I only have 7 days to return it.

Pentium WHAT? It's not contagious is it?

wapaaga

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2001
then take it over to a friend house ant see if it works

<font color=red>Gasoline + Fire</font color=red><font color=green> Can be a lot of fun</font color=green> :smile: :smile: :smile:

If you're not entirely happy, take it back immediately. At worst you've made an extra journey. They might realise you're not going to take crappy goods and give you a decent product.

<b>
"Now drop your weapons or I'll kill him with this deadly jelly baby." :wink:
</b>