How can I Triple Boot (Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows XP)

Oct 8, 2018
Well, I have already installed 2 operating systems though (win8,1&7) but I just want to install XP too. I just want to return to the nostalgia. I know, it's no longer supported and the virus issue thing makes people not use it. So I'll install a good and simple antivirus and install drivers BEFORE CONNECTING THE COMPUTER TO THE INTERNET so even if nothing's going to happen at least it'll completely prevent anything to happen before installing antivirus. I can't leave any OS because Remote Play for PS4™ requires 8.1 (32-bit) which won't run on 7 64-bit and 7 is required to run games that requires 64-bit OS such as GTA V. I need to get Windows XP because... I just want to get it. On Virtual Machines it's really slow and really bad. Only option is to Triple-Boot. Please Help.

Zapthos

Reputable
Dec 31, 2016
You can't. You can create 4 bootable partition on MBR (BIOS), 2 are Windows 8.1 & 7, and the other 2 are for the system. With GPT (UEFI) you can create more, but Windows XP doesn't support it. You can only use Windows XP on a VM or different computer. You can indeed try a different HDD, like mentioned above, but every time you boot the PC you would have to go to the bios to change the boot priority, which can be pretty anoying. If you want to try it on a VM a great software for that is Oracle Virtualbox.

CrazyDingo

Reputable
May 1, 2015
If you just want to run XP why don't you buy an old machine or build a cheap one that runs it out of the box?
Unless you have an extended license or really know what you are doing connecting it to the internet is not a good idea - a good anti-virus isn't enough protection.
If XP runs very slowly as a virtual machine on your current build you could probably get it running a lot faster on a better build, your current build probably doesn't have the system resources to run a fast virtual machine.