[SOLVED] How can i untie these plastic ties used for holding power cable inside my hp pc ?

aniforever

Honorable
Feb 5, 2015
My PC is HP Envy Phoenix h9-1326in, i7. Its out of warranty now and my SATA III cable seems bad. So I am trying to replace it but unable to reach to sata 0 port because of these clumsy power cable wire system stopping me from reaching out to sata 0 port on the motherboard. It seems to me that i can get clear of the power cable by untying the plastic stripes holding around the cable, but have no clue how to untie these plastic stripes. This is a very simple problem but because of it am unable to change my sata cable. Please can anybody tell me through some video or pic on how to untie these plastic stripes and then tie back after i get my Sata III cable replaced.

I have attached the image of the plastic stripe causing me trouble

I understand that this is a simple thing but since i have never used or encountered such plastic tie, its really difficult for me to deal with it!
Thanks in advance!

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
My PC is HP Envy Phoenix h9-1326in, i7. Its out of warranty now and my SATA III cable seems bad. So I am trying to replace it but unable to reach to sata 0 port because of these clumsy power cable wire system stopping me from reaching out to sata 0 port on the motherboard. It seems to me that i can get clear of the power cable by untying the plastic stripes holding around the cable, but have no clue how to untie these plastic stripes. This is a very simple problem but because of it am unable to change my sata cable. Please can anybody tell me through some video or pic on how to untie these plastic stripes and then tie back after i get my Sata III cable replaced.

I have attached the image of the plastic stripe causing me trouble

I understand that this is a simple thing but since i have never used or encountered such plastic tie, its really difficult for me to deal with it!
Thanks in advance!

Hi @aniforever

As @SkyNetRising said, they are called zip-ties and as @Schlachtwolf suggested, you can use nail clippers, scissors, wire cutters or even the tip of a knife, though you of course do not want to nick or cut the wires or cables themselves.

Example of
zip-ties for sale on Amazon.

Reactions: aniforever