Question how can i update BIOS ?

Falcon97

Honorable
May 17, 2015
hi , i have the Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/USB 3.1 motherboard and a 4th gen cpu ( Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz )

when i start my pc i see A2 on the motherboard and the AMERICAN MEGATRENDS screen shows and says that i have to update my BIOS.

the problem is, i don't know anything about the right BIOS version and how to update it. i have the ( American Megatrends inc.2303, 3/2/2015 ) version

how can i update it or what should i do?

Wolfshadw

Titan
According to the CPU Support List for your motherboard, it requires BIOS version 2303 in order for your processor to function properly. If you're running an earlier version of the BIOS, then you should update to version 2303. Section 2-2 of your Motherboard Manual details how to update your BIOS.

If you are already running version 2303 or later, then there are other issues at hand and we'd need your full system specifications.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Mrgr74

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Here is the updated Bios for your motherboard. As you can see, the last one released was in 2018. Z97 Pro Bios - 4/26/18
Just don't install that version - BETA BIOS that isn't needed and can be unnecessarily buggy :)
Also that's the non-WiFi board - which I realised my post also went into for some reason - so I have deleted my comment as @Wolfshadw has the correct MB page.

Reactions: Mrgr74

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Just don't install that version - BETA BIOS that isn't needed and can be unnecessarily buggy :)
Also that's the non-WiFi board - which I realised my post also went into for some reason - so I have deleted my comment as @Wolfshadw has the correct MB page.

Good eye PC Taylor & thanks for the correction WolfShadw.

To add on to Wolfshadw's Post, I noticed on the page he linked to that went to the Beta 3503 Bios, if you aren't sure how to check your Bios Ver., here's a nifty link to CPU-Z

I'm curious what changes the Beta Version brought being as there was an almost 3 year gap in versions. I'm also kinda curious if the Ver. 3503 Bios is the same for all 3 of the Z97 Pro boards. I downloaded them just to see if the CAP file was named the same & they were with the diff of "WiFi" on one of the files. The sizes were identical otherwise. (Which obviously isn't saying much as the data within could be different)

Good times :)

Last edited: