[SOLVED] How can I upgrade my Optiplex 7010

Oct 18, 2020
I am planning on a doing a optiplex build and I want to upgrade my system.I have an core i5-3470,8 gb of ram and a 250 gb hdd. How can I make this an pc that can take modern games at medium settings at 30+ fps?

Solution
I am planning on a doing a optiplex build and I want to upgrade my system.I have an core i5-3470,8 gb of ram and a 250 gb hdd. How can I make this an pc that can take modern games at medium settings at 30+ fps?
buy a graphics card and a SSD.
8gb of ram is meh,but still can play almost every game at 30+fps
Judging by your procesor i would go for either RX 580 8gb,1650/super,or a 1050 Ti.Nothing bellow 4gb of vram certanly.All of those 3 cards all below 200$.
Also with them you should buy a new power supply,since the one in your optiplex is only made to run a configuration that your already have.
Oh and yeah i would get a 1TB hard drive and a 240gb ssd for windows and related programs and some games maybe
Judging by your procesor i would go for either RX 580 8gb,1650/super,or a 1050 Ti.Nothing bellow 4gb of vram certanly.All of those 3 cards all below 200$.
Also with them you should buy a new power supply,since the one in your optiplex is only made to run a configuration that your already have.
Oh and yeah i would get a 1TB hard drive and a 240gb ssd for windows and related programs and some games maybe

Reactions: emost08
Solution
Oct 18, 2020
DO you think a gtx 1060 would work?

What exact model of the 7010 do you have? They came in 4 different sizes. Also need to know specs on the power supply, wattage, what cables it has and the 12v rail amp rating.