Question How can I upgrade my PC from a Intel Pentium G4560?

Sep 24, 2022
I have a Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz , gpu is a intel hd graphics 610. I got this computer from my job as it was previusly built to do some day trading a few years ago. I want to be able to build a high end gaming pc out of it if possible. Thinking a motherboard may be the first thing, but I am not sure. I know the components are quite a bit outdated but I am needing to know where to start, and where to go from there. I appreciate all the help that I can get. I am wanting to be able to do Daytrading/Stock Trading as well as, High End Gaming. (COD, GTA, etc)... ALL ANSWERS WELCOME!

Sep 24, 2022
  • Motherboard. - ASRock
  • CPU/processor. - Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz
  • RAM (random access memory) - 8gb
  • Hard drive. SDD
  • Video card - intel hd graphics 610
  • Network card - Microsoft Kernal

I have a Intel Pentium G4560 @ 3.50GHz , gpu is a intel hd graphics 610. I got this computer from my job as it was previusly built to do some day trading a few years ago. I want to be able to build a high end gaming pc out of it if possible. Thinking a motherboard may be the first thing, but I am not sure. I know the components are quite a bit outdated but I am needing to know where to start, and where to go from there. I appreciate all the help that I can get. I am wanting to be able to do Daytrading/Stock Trading as well as, High End Gaming. (COD, GTA, etc)... ALL ANSWERS WELCOME!
What is your monitor resolution, what country are you located and what is your budget?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Unfortunately, upgrading this to a high-end gaming rig isn't practical here. It's not just that the parts are old and outdated, but that the "bones" aren't very good either. Literally none of the parts here were chosen reflected any value being placed on possible upgrades. It's one of the cheapest seventh-gen motherboards available, so a cheap i7-7700K would be underwhelming, the PSU is only suitable for an office machine, and while you haven't identified anything about that lonely stick of RAM, I'd be shocked if it was much better than the cheapest DDR4 2133 or DDR4 2400 stick that could be sourced.

A high-end gaming rig -- or even a midrange one -- will basically end up replacing all the parts, so you're basically on a brand new build by that point. Even the case is unsuitable; I can't see the front of the case, but from what I can see, this is not one that has good airflow.