How can I upgrade to SP 1?

LarryFin

Honorable
Oct 21, 2013
I bought windows 7 64bit OEM version WITH the service pack 1 and Í would now like to download it. I cant upgrade it from the internet because I dont live in one of the countries supported so I need the Windows anytime upgrade key. Did it came with the disc? Or is it the same as the product key?

Thanks in advantage ~ Larry

Solution
If you purchased a copy of Windows 7 with SP1, then it's already applied, no updating required (other than the normal security patches and such). If you're saying that what you purchased didn't come with a key then you'll have to take that up with whomever sold you that copy of Windows.

himnextdoor

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
Are you saying that the Service Pack 1 installer is asking you for a key?

And that 'Automatic Updates' does not work in your country?

The SP1 pack can be downloaded as a standalone package. The one you want is nearly 1 GB in size.

Have you installed Windows yet?

I would have thought that SP1 would be automatically installed but, if a key is requested, I can't imagine that the one you have won't work.

Does it?

If you purchased a copy of Windows 7 with SP1, then it's already applied, no updating required (other than the normal security patches and such). If you're saying that what you purchased didn't come with a key then you'll have to take that up with whomever sold you that copy of Windows.

Solution