[SOLVED] How can I use an external HDD high speed capabilities without usb 3.0 port in my laptop (it has an esata+usb)

joelvizcarra98

Prominent
Jan 11, 2019
Hi, I bought an Toshiba external HDD that have an 3.0 connection (use a micro usb 3.0 to usb 3.0 cable), the problem is that my laptop don't have a usb 3.0 but it has an esata+usb 2.0 port, so the solution will be a usb 3.0 to esata cable but it exist? and how is it call? do I have other relatively cheap option?
Thanks for answer

Solution
No such cable exists that I found but USB3 is backwards compatible to USB2 so the drie should work as is, just not at full speed.
If you can return the Toshiba there are many options to get an eSata drive running.
May 4, 2019
Hi, I bought an Toshiba external HDD that have an 3.0 connection (use a micro usb 3.0 to usb 3.0 cable), the problem is that my laptop don't have a usb 3.0 but it has an esata+usb 2.0 port, so the solution will be a usb 3.0 to esata cable but it exist? and how is it call? do I have other relatively cheap option?
Thanks for answer
i had the same problum the only way i found a round it was to hang a pcie 1x extender out the bottom and connect a usb 3.0 card this does take away wifi on almost any system you might be able to use a usd wifi adpter with the card this option also dosent break the bank its tacky though
"in my laptop' kinda negates that extender and USB card concept.
do you get what i mean you get a pcie 1x extender hang it out the bottom and use a usb card on it also does the laptop have any internal usb header also if your able to spend around 200 usd you may be able to find one of those limited run usb downstep converters and use a usb 2.0 as 3 this isnt great thought it signifficanty degareds the speed i also recomend ordering a externel sata to esata encloseere that would work since you have esata