Question How can I use my Scarlett 2i4 to send audio to stream laptop?

Mar 14, 2019
I know you can use a interface to stream with a dual pc setup. But how would I go about that with an interface?

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed: what is the desired end configuration? E.g., some ability to switch between the two "dual" PCs?

Just as an immediate observation you will probably need some sort of reverse "KVM switch" to accept audio input from the desired source PC and send that output to the Scarlett 2i4.

You will need the applicable switch and connecting cables.

For example if you chose to use RCA then you would need something similar to this switch.

Likely doable - just need the details.

Mar 14, 2019
More information needed: what is the desired end configuration? E.g., some ability to switch between the two "dual" PCs?

Just as an immediate observation you will probably need some sort of reverse "KVM switch" to accept audio input from the desired source PC and send that output to the Scarlett 2i4.

You will need the applicable switch and connecting cables.

For example if you chose to use RCA then you would need something similar to this switch.

Likely doable - just need the details.
basically i want to have my pc im using now to game and use a capture card to send video to my laptop but the audio doesnt go through el gato apparently. I need mic and game audio going to my laptop so i can run the stream on that instead of my pc where i would get performance drops if i stream and game on the same one

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure about the overall concept.

I.e., "stream and game on the same one"....

If you are gaming on the pc it will still need to be handling transmission of data (capture card) to the laptop which in turn could be tasked with streaming.

That extra "layer" of overhead may actually reduce performance on the pc. And that all may be for naught if your network (router, modem, ISP service) are not up to the overall task. All depends on the slowest link.

Suggest that you post your hardware (pc, laptop, network) specs. Details matter.

TRENDING THREADS