[SOLVED] How can i wipe this ssd?

Bastian Hidalgo

Prominent
May 2, 2022
I have a western digital green 2,5" 240g ssd conected to my pc and i'm trying to fully wipe it to use it again. To put context to the problem,this was the system drive on my friend's pc (windows 10) and some day he got a notification "restart to fix drive errors" and minutes after the notification a blue screen. The automatic fix after the restart didn't do anything and i tried to fix it using a win10 bootable drive to format and reinstall windows but deleting the partitions and formatting didn't do anything despite the prompt saying that it did.

i tried opening cmd as admin and using diskpart but using the clean command and deleting the partitions with "delete partition override" resulted in the same, nothing.

i also tried using the western digital dashboard but the program didn't recognize the drive.

i tried using 3rd party programs as mini tool partition wizard to wipe the drive with the 5 different methods that program offers and the ssd still remains with the same exact partitions and data
(yes, i tried removing write protection)

if someone knows how to solve this please let me know, i'm very concerned. as this is the only drive my friend has.

thank you for the hassle of reading this.

Solution
I have a western digital green 2,5" 240g ssd conected to my pc and i'm trying to fully wipe it to use it again. To put context to the problem,this was the system drive on my friend's pc (windows 10) and some day he got a notification "restart to fix drive errors" and minutes after the notification a blue screen. The automatic fix after the restart didn't do anything and i tried to fix it using a win10 bootable drive to format and reinstall windows but deleting the partitions and formatting didn't do anything despite the prompt saying that it did.

i tried opening cmd as admin and using diskpart but using the clean command and deleting the partitions with "delete partition override" resulted in the same, nothing.

i also tried...

Bastian Hidalgo

Prominent
May 2, 2022
i tried to fix it using a win10 bootable drive to format and reinstall windows but deleting the partitions and formatting didn't do anything despite the prompt saying that it did.
That might just indicate that the SSD is dead/worth RMA'ing.
i was thinking the same and at the same time praying that it wasn't the case, we are from Chile so RMA'ing a western digital product is a bit of a hassle. Thank you for your quick reply!

i also tried using the western digital dashboard but the program didn't recognize the drive.

i tried using 3rd party programs as mini tool partition wizard to wipe the drive with the 5 different methods that program offers and the ssd still remains with the same exact partitions and data
(yes, i tried removing write protection)

if someone knows how to solve this please let me know, i'm very concerned. as this is the only drive my friend has.

thank you for the hassle of reading this.
It does not sound like you were using the Minitool Partition Wizard correctly. There is no wiping involved and there is no formatting involved. You simply right-click on each partition that you see on the ssd and select Delete; then you click the Apply button in the lower left hand corner. Do this for each partition on the ssd; for a normal windows installation there would be 4 partitions but you may have more if you messed up the ssd. After all the partitions are deleted all of the ssd's space should be unallocated; this is necessary for a new windows installation which will create all the partitions it needs and format them. At that point you should check to make sure the ssd has a GPT partition identifier which is necessary for Secure Boot. If you are able to achieve all of this a reinstall of Windows should proceed normally.

Solution