how can my laptop use my desktops processor?

tenebaum

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014
i want to conect my labtop to my desktop. I have a zip cable and they are also conected via a network anyways, i figured the closer the conection the better so i thought about conecting through usb port. I want to use my labtop as the maun "machine" but have it use the processor on my desktop to perfomr faste rcalculations. how can i do this?
i do not see any reason why it should not be able to use the cpu of my desktop. I am not really making calculations, but i want my note book to splt up its processess across both processors so that it can run faster. kinda like a dual core processor, it splits the algorithims into smaller calculations that are ran parrallell to each other. why can i not tell my computer to treat the desktop as an external cpu or something?

Solution
There is no hardware route. Either they are on the same mobo or it's software. Like how servers, supercomputers or renderfarms do it, they're all just networked.

tenebaum

Reputable
Nov 13, 2014

i have no software as of now.... what i want to do is go about it the hardware route though. and i do think making them closer is important... you are probably right about if i am just in my house i will never notice but if i had my notebook in asia and my desktop in NA there would be some delay, so clearly closer together is better... kinda like how your cable tv isn't a;ways in sycnh with each other so you hear an echoing from another room if it has the same station on.