[SOLVED] How can you tell if your parts will fit in a case?

May 2, 2020
Hello!

I have been looking to build a, would you guess it, "budget gaming pc". I have had my MSI CX6I 2QF laptop running with a 950m and i5 for a while now but have been putting money together to build a desktop instead. I have been scouting around for a while and decided to build using AMD parts and here is a list of the parts I plan to use; RX 570 4GB, Ryzen 3 3200G, MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max AM4 mATX, literally any 8 or 16GB RAM I can get, EVGA 500W PSU, Seagate 500GB HDD. I have already got a 128GB SSD. However, my problem is - when it comes to buying the parts and I don't want to come to find that the case I buy doesn't fit the parts. So, how can I check that it will or can anyone give me any suggestions for cheap cases that they know will fit these components.

Thanks!

-tobers

Solution
Hello!

I have been looking to build a, would you guess it, "budget gaming pc". I have had my MSI CX6I 2QF laptop running with a 950m and i5 for a while now but have been putting money together to build a desktop instead. I have been scouting around for a while and decided to build using AMD parts and here is a list of the parts I plan to use; RX 570 4GB, Ryzen 3 3200G, MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max AM4 mATX, literally any 8 or 16GB RAM I can get, EVGA 500W PSU, Seagate 500GB HDD. I have already got a 128GB SSD. However, my problem is - when it comes to buying the parts and I don't want to come to find that the case I buy doesn't fit the parts. So, how can I check that it will or can anyone give me any suggestions for cheap cases that they...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello!

I have been looking to build a, would you guess it, "budget gaming pc". I have had my MSI CX6I 2QF laptop running with a 950m and i5 for a while now but have been putting money together to build a desktop instead. I have been scouting around for a while and decided to build using AMD parts and here is a list of the parts I plan to use; RX 570 4GB, Ryzen 3 3200G, MSI B450M Pro-VDH Max AM4 mATX, literally any 8 or 16GB RAM I can get, EVGA 500W PSU, Seagate 500GB HDD. I have already got a 128GB SSD. However, my problem is - when it comes to buying the parts and I don't want to come to find that the case I buy doesn't fit the parts. So, how can I check that it will or can anyone give me any suggestions for cheap cases that they know will fit these components.

Thanks!

-tobers
Look at the webpage for the case you are interested in. That will tell you what size motherboard is supported. It will also tell you the height of the CPU cooler that will fit and the size of the graphics card that will fit.

Solution
May 2, 2020
Look at the webpage for the case you are interested in. That will tell you what size motherboard is supported. It will also tell you the height of the CPU cooler that will fit and the size of the graphics card that will fit.

Thank you! That is really helpful I will follow that and will pick up a case. Thanks!

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
If I might interrupt your process for one additional thought:
Why do you get an APU and a Gpu? If you are planning to get the gpu primarily I would rather get a Ryzen 2600 or 1600AF without integrated graphics, but with more cpu horsepower.