[SOLVED] How close is this build to an Xbox One X?

Jaco147

Prominent
Oct 18, 2019
Hello,

How close in performance can I expect from the following build:

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
Asus Prime B450M-K
8GB DDR4 2666MHz
RX 570/580 (still deciding)
500W PSU

If it's not close to a Xbox One X's performance what can I change to make it closer?

Looking forward to your answers.

Solution
In what way? As hardware it’s much higher and at 1080p will play games at higher FPS and/or better quality settings. At 4K however the XBox wins by a long way as it effectively cheats and is not true 4K.

Is your RAM 2x4gb? Ideally you use 2x8gb 3200mhz.
In what way? As hardware it’s much higher and at 1080p will play games at higher FPS and/or better quality settings. At 4K however the XBox wins by a long way as it effectively cheats and is not true 4K.

Is your RAM 2x4gb? Ideally you use 2x8gb 3200mhz.

Solution

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Remember, you're comparing apples & oranges here.
In theory, an XB1X's GPU is somewhere in the ballpark of an RX580.
CPU-wise, it's an old Jaguar-based custom CPU.... relatively weak.
What a console has going for it, is optimization, so there's some tradeoff.

On paper, the proposed system, even with a 570 is a "stronger" system.... in practice, some titles may perform a little better on an XB1X.

What kind of budget are you working with? Where are you located? What resolution do you want to play at?

Jaco147

Prominent
Oct 18, 2019
Remember, you're comparing apples & oranges here.
In theory, an XB1X's GPU is somewhere in the ballpark of an RX580.
CPU-wise, it's an old Jaguar-based custom CPU.... relatively weak.
What a console has going for it, is optimization, so there's some tradeoff.

On paper, the proposed system, even with a 570 is a "stronger" system.... in practice, some titles may perform a little better on an XB1X.

What kind of budget are you working with? Where are you located? What resolution do you want to play at?
I basically have R6500-R7000(RSA) and I'm from South Africa. All the components will be new except the GPU which will be secondhand but in mint condition. That's the only way to pull of this build in my country with the budget I have. Ordering in from overseas attracts a lot of shipping costs which doesn't make it worthwhile. Oh and I'm only aiming at 1080p gaming.

TRENDING THREADS