How come Conroe is not available???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

gpfear

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Only time will tell which platform will be better, Intel or AMD. Either way the competition benefits us all. I'm in support so i prefer

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/frustrations/388b/

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
P.S. And calling us stupid is BS. If you thought before posting you'd have come to the conclusion that only people with superior IQ are addicted to computers.

Where the hell do you get that one? I have dealt with A LOT of people with less than superior IQs that are addicted to computers. What, do you think that computers are so special that only the elite such as yourself can understand them enough to really enjoy them? Get over yourself IQ fanboy. :twisted:

LithiumSunset

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Not sure man, I believe it's going to be mid-summer. I've been looking and have not seen a release date at all. I think we're all in the dark about that right now. I could be wrong though.

All I know is, I want my Conroe now! :evil:

Not sure man, I believe it's going to be mid-summer. I've been looking and have not seen a release date at all. I think we're all in the dark about that right now. I could be wrong though.

All I know is, I want my Conroe now! :evil:

While you're at it, LithiumSunset, can you please tell me why I keep pronouncing it "Cornrow" instead of "Conroe"? Is it because I am an AMD fanboy and love mispronouncing new Intel technologies? Or perhaps because I live 6 miles north of Detroit?

I've found myself getting weird looks from other people that follow technology when I talk about it!

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Conroe supposedly releases in July, AM2 supposedly releases in June. Let's leave it at that and see what Tomshardware, Anandtech and Guru3d have to say about them when they are both released. If we want fanboy threads, just bring dvdpiddy in here NOW.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
A couple of things you can be certain of:

1) Intel is not ready, for one reason or another, whether it be amount of supply, channels, or whatever, to release Conroe yet.
2) The initial benckmarks (and indeed almost all sample benchmarks) were done on high quality silicon that performs at a very high level.
3) Conroe will be Intel's first really good desktop chip in awhile.
4) Conroe will NOT put AMD out of business.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
A couple of things you can be certain of:

1) Intel is not ready, for one reason or another, whether it be amount of supply, channels, or whatever, to release Conroe yet.
2) The initial benckmarks (and indeed almost all sample benchmarks) were done on high quality silicon that performs at a very high level.
3) Conroe will be Intel's first really good desktop chip in awhile.
4) Conroe will NOT put AMD out of business.
Whoever wins doesn't matter, because the price wars that will ensue on FINALLY COMPETITIVE PROCESSORS will benifit me, you and everyone greatly.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
You are absolutely right. I didn't say anything about who wins, nor do I care. I will most likely be buying an Opteron next, mainly because I am not currently interested in a platform change. I do look forward to seeing better pricing and competition, and may decide to pick up a cheap Conroe at some point if I find one.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
You are absolutely right. I didn't say anything about who wins, nor do I care. I will most likely be buying an Opteron next, mainly because I am not currently interested in a platform change. I do look forward to seeing better pricing and competition, and may decide to pick up a cheap Conroe at some point if I find one.
I saw some Intel roadmap that looked at P'D pricing to go down to up to 60% when Conroe is released. Holy crap, and I thought my little 3200 was cheap!

knightrous

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I blame the moderators for not instantly deleting the amount of sh¡t threads laid down. Sure, moderators arn't expected to live in here 24/7, but damn, they have the moderator title for a reason! To moderate the amount of bullshit in here!

I opened up the forums and found in the first page all these sh¡t threads that are just spam-athons or fanwars:

- WHY o WHY ? ? ? ? ?
- AMD HAS COST TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGES OVER INTEL
- New AMD lawsuit against intel.........
- BWAHAHAH, AMD NEEDS A CO-PROCESSOR!!!
- AMD prepares for a comeback in 2007
- Forum went to $hit when conroe came out.

and the list is near endless.....

I think bans should be placed on people who continously waffle shit, a perfect example is "Action Man" posting in one of the threads with a single word "*fart*"... Well I have 2 words for Action Man, "POST WHORE!"

To top if off and probably earn myself a banning, the most work I've seen the moderators do lately is bitch and complain about Bullshitters username! :roll:

knightrous

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I have one word for you, noob. And two more, shut up!

Wow, that was witty Mr Action Man... :lol: What makes you any less of a noob them me? Because you have 600+ posts from being a post whore? Meh, if bashing idiots like you for ruining these forums with wasteful posts makes me a n00b, well so be it.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Mr Action Man is my father you noob. What makes me less of a noob? Because I'm not a post whore (what a noob) and I'm not bitching about someone posting "*fart*" in another pointless whiner thread from some noob.

knightrous

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
I have one word for you, noob. And two more, shut up!

Wow, that was witty Mr Action Man... :lol: What makes you any less of a noob them me? Because you have 600+ posts from being a post whore? Meh, if bashing idiots like you for ruining these forums with wasteful posts makes me a n00b, well so be it.
You're attacking at the wrong individuals.
You should be attacking at the first group of people you were talking about earlier.

Plenty more to bash, AM just ended up being the first one on the list.

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
I blame the moderators for not instantly deleting the amount of sh¡t threads laid down. Sure, moderators arn't expected to live in here 24/7, but damn, they have the moderator title for a reason! To moderate the amount of bullshit in here!

I opened up the forums and found in the first page all these sh¡t threads that are just spam-athons or fanwars:

- WHY o WHY ? ? ? ? ?
- AMD HAS COST TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGES OVER INTEL
- New AMD lawsuit against intel.........
- BWAHAHAH, AMD NEEDS A CO-PROCESSOR!!!
- AMD prepares for a comeback in 2007
- Forum went to $hit when conroe came out.

and the list is near endless.....

I think bans should be placed on people who continously waffle ****, a perfect example is "Action Man" posting in one of the threads with a single word "*fart*"... Well I have 2 words for Action Man, "POST WHORE!"

To top if off and probably earn myself a banning, the most work I've seen the moderators do lately is bitch and complain about Bullshitters username! :roll:
yeah, I agree, although i like action man. half of the threads on this god damned website are OMG AMD > INTEL OMG or CONROE CONROE WILL PWNZORS2111 I mean seriously kids, shut the hell up and have an intelligent conversation for once

morg

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
i'll argue about conroe vs AM2 performance

WHEN THEY WILL BE OUT

i'll stay on amd side as long as they have the best performance/cost ratio and up to now, they have it.

IF conroe is not delayed, is at good price and running stable with a good compatibility...

there will be still some months for amd to tweak the cpu performance with actually developped improvements.
and maybe let some month of fame to intel before releasing something stronger according to benchmark performed AFTER the release ( because it could be lower or even higher that expected ).

the goal in technologies is to release after with HIGH marketing telling our product will be faster and cheaper for those ready to wait less than a year . as microsoft has done with the xbox and what sony does with PS3. and that's exactly what amd did with k8 architecture knowing intel announced improvements up to 40% with prescott architecture... LOL

amd was slightly weaker than intel at that moment, k8 didn't have that much improvement over k7 AND they slipped before prescott.