Question How come did my CPU die first?

Danaima

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ns-very-intermittently.3641097/#post-21943030

about this happenings above from last month, I got my pc back and the same issues happened so I sent it back again. this time, they encountered auto-restart (not shutdowns) during their stress test, they also mentioned they can only boot into windows with 1 RAM stick, with both it would have no display and have only beepings. they diagnosed all the parts separately using their own and concluded it is the CPU (intel i7-6700) that is faulty.
It puzzles me a lot because the faults they encounter on their end is entirely different from what I encounter, so I m not sure if these faults are related to each other?

Is it strange that out of all the other components, my CPU is the one that encounters problems first? The other components are still working, And I never had a CPU die on me in less than 4 years before. I have never overclocked it before and my pc never overheats either as well, could it be a power surge or due to accidental static energy when i cleaned it?

Because my CPU was a 7th gen processor, there is no way to find the similar models on the market, so I will need to replace the motherboard all together. The costs are very very hefty, so I feel very sad about it...

Last edited:

Danaima

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
It happens. It's rare, but it happens.

If it's an OEM PC return it to them if under warranty. There was a time Intel offered a very hefty warranty on their CPU's, and it would likely be covered for an exchange.

Nope it is a custom built pc, there is no warranty left for it
The local distributor in my country for Intel CPUs only provide up to 3 years for warranty so I m past that too...

Last edited:

Danaima

Prominent
Aug 29, 2020
what the cpu temp?
did they, the shop test with another cpu?
Around 30-40 degrees each time if I rmb correctly. Yes they test it with their own cpu and able to boot it.
The weird question is how come the problems they encounter are very different from mine... They encountered auto restarts but I encountered sudden power offs.