Question How come my newly built computer starts and then immediately shuts down?

Feb 3, 2019
I recently built a new PC using recycled parts from my old computer, some new parts, and a used mobo I bought online

My issue is when powering up my computer, the cpu fan, case fan, GPU lights and fan will all turn on, then a second or two later it all shuts down.

The GPU boost light works when PSU is on, the onboard LED light will work and shine ON for standby power when PSU is on.

I've checked the CPU pins they are all fine, I've cleaned and re-geled the cpu/cpu fan, I checked to make sure every thing is plugged in and no pins are bent.

One concern I have is there is a bent capacitor on the mobo, it does not seemed to broken or twisted legs, the connection does not seem affected from what I can see.

is there something I am missing that I can check to further diagnosis/possibly fix? is it possible my motherboard is faulty due to the bent capacitor or its just a bad motherboard? bare with me I am new to building PCs, I don't know that much

setup:

ASUS P8H77-v mobo (used from newegg)

i7-3770k cpu (recycled)

4 4gb ddr3 ram cards (recycled)

GTX 1080 TI STRIX ASUS gpu (new)

EVGA 650 gq psu (new)

Feb 3, 2019
Strip it down to no GPU, 1 stick of ram, no drives, and see if it'll boot to bios on the igpu. Make sure single stick of ram is where manual says to put it
Removed GPU, removed both drives, left 1 stick of ram in the reccomended A2 position, started the computer, exact same result, fans start spinning then shut down a second or two later, it will not get to BIOS with the igpu

Feb 3, 2019
Well you just narrowed it down to cpu/motherboard/psu... Since everything else is either new or something you know to be working, I'd bet my money it's the motherboard that you bought
That'd be my thought too, I'm contacting the seller to exchange the defective motherboard, thank you for your help