How compare my "old" PC with a PS4 or XBox One?

french_guy

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2007
Hello

How an "old" Phenom X6 1055T + GTX950 compares to a PS4 or XBox One?
I just saw this morning a good price on a Xbox One 500Gb at Sam's club, with 3 games and 1 controller for $179...!
But I was wondering if my current PC (CPU is ~ 7 years old but the video card is more recent) is equivalent, better or worse?
Thanks

Solution
The GTX 950 is a little bit more powerful than the GPU in the PS4, and well ahead of the Xbox One.

As for the CPU, it should be an even bigger difference. Your CPU is old, but it's still AMD's high-performance architecture rather than the low-power/low-performance Jaguar stuff in the consoles.
The GTX 950 is a little bit more powerful than the GPU in the PS4, and well ahead of the Xbox One.

As for the CPU, it should be an even bigger difference. Your CPU is old, but it's still AMD's high-performance architecture rather than the low-power/low-performance Jaguar stuff in the consoles.

Solution

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
it should be a bit faster with 1080p and perhaps 1440p resolutions on some games on medium to high settings

in general should be better than those two but should use more watts, especially with the ps4 slim using as little as 80 watts when playing

there, not much beat ps4 slim atm