[SOLVED] How could I find a suitable price for my pre-built computer?

Oct 28, 2020
I currently have a mid-tier gaming pc, it was prebuilt but Dell have stopped manufacturing my specific model and there are no traces of my specific system with the correct components on the internet with the same specifications.

So, I've used speccy and even opened the PC myself and I can't identify any of the parts, speccy comes back with plenty of parts but how can I find out something like the cooler is?
There are no markings to be seen on it, even after opening it.

I'm hoping to build my own PC in a few months from now, something relatively high end around £800-900.
I am still relatively new to PC building and I am looking to build my own.
Please take this into consideration when writing your comment please as I might not understand fully.

Solution
On Ebay your system with everything the same is sold from 598 to 650 dollars. That is a crazy price to ask for this. Let's see each part.

Ryzen 5 1400 - 80 to 100 dollars on ebay.
RX 570 - From 36 to 90 dollars on ebay.
SK hynix SC311 SATA 256GB - Around 35 dollars on ebay.
Seagate Barracuda 1TB - 15 dollars on ebay.
WD Blue 500GB - 10 dollars on ebay.
1x8GB Micron 2400MHz - 35 dollars on ebay.
Dell 07PR60 Motherboard - 125 dollars on ebay (Not worth 125 dollar. You can get a nice B550 board for that price)
PSU - From 0 dollars to 30 dollars for a cheap one to 100 dollars for a decent one used. What PSU do you have?
Case - 40 dollars.
CPU cooler - 15 dollars.

I'd say that you could sell that for 250-300. That is USD. Half of what the...
Oct 28, 2020
What are you asking for exactly? Why are you asking it? If you have £900 for a new build, why did you care about the old one? I'm missing something.
Ah I apologise, I'm selling the pre-build and putting the money from that one towards the £900 one. I have around £650 saved, so I was hoping mine would atleast be £300ish.

4745454b

Titan
You don't list any parts at all. You are worried about not finding the heatsink, but that's not very expensive. Maybe $20. A new AIO can run $100, but you don't have that. With no parts to judge price i can only give you the half price rule of thumb. Every year old it is, value is cut in half. Bought it for $1k last year? Roughly $500 now. Next year will be around $250. Covid is changing this as is the slowing/stopping of Moore's law.

You also don't need to give the EXACT specs. If you find any other similar dells that will work. Your ram speed might be different, with a different drive, etc. But that's not going to matter much now.

Even very much different might not matter. If you find/decide your system is worth $400, but i can find an hp online with very similar specs for $250, guess which I'm buying? To many times people try to sell their gtx970 for the cost of a new 1060. It's used so they cut the price down a lot, but they fail to take into account that the new card is better, and already has that cut down price. So consider everything, not just your EXACT system.

On Ebay your system with everything the same is sold from 598 to 650 dollars. That is a crazy price to ask for this. Let's see each part.

Ryzen 5 1400 - 80 to 100 dollars on ebay.
RX 570 - From 36 to 90 dollars on ebay.
SK hynix SC311 SATA 256GB - Around 35 dollars on ebay.
Seagate Barracuda 1TB - 15 dollars on ebay.
WD Blue 500GB - 10 dollars on ebay.
1x8GB Micron 2400MHz - 35 dollars on ebay.
Dell 07PR60 Motherboard - 125 dollars on ebay (Not worth 125 dollar. You can get a nice B550 board for that price)
PSU - From 0 dollars to 30 dollars for a cheap one to 100 dollars for a decent one used. What PSU do you have?
Case - 40 dollars.
CPU cooler - 15 dollars.

I'd say that you could sell that for 250-300. That is USD. Half of what the people are selling the complete system for on ebay.

Solution
Oct 28, 2020
Thank you for your help also, is something around £400-450 too much to ask?
I'm trying to get as much money from this build into my next one. Let's say this build did manage to sell for £450, my future PC would cost me £543. This is a perfect price, so would it be good to sell it for something like that or is that overpriced?
Again, I'm still new to PC building so I'm not sure what is considered alot or too little.

I know you want to sell it at 450 Euro but this is not worth that. You can still sell it at that price if you want and it could stay there for months.

It really is not worth 450 Euro. For 600 Euro you can buy an entire system with a Ryzen 3600 6 Cores 12 Threads CPU.