Question How could I have my one basic website and make it appear in Google?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I'd like to have my own website offering my services as PC technician in my surrounding area. All I want is a basic web and most importantly: that it appears easily in Google.

I thought of learning Wordpress but I guess that takes time and how could it make it show up in Google? I guess it's best to pay for this, I wouldn't mind if the pricing is reasonable.
I have no idea about this and will greatly welcome any advice.

USAFRet

Titan
I'd like to have my own website offering my services as PC technician in my surrounding area. All I want is a basic web and most importantly: that it appears easily in Google.

I thought of learning Wordpress but I guess that takes time and how could it make it show up in Google? I guess it's best to pay for this, I wouldn't mind if the pricing is reasonable.
I have no idea about this and will greatly welcome any advice.
  1. You'll have to pay for hosting somewhere
  2. Have compelling info on your site
  3. Get listed with AngiesList or whatever is similar in your area
  4. Advertise on craigslist

If you want it to appear on search results based on vague details, like "baking cookies", you're up against a huge amount of competition for that attention. Otherwise, if something about your web content is obscure enough or includes very specific details, like I dunno, "Tiny Tim's Tips for Making Exotic Cookies", that'll likely show up at top.

Rodion15

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
I guess the search engine optimisation is the most tricky to learn, I've been offered a 6-month/£230 monthly package to put me on google. I wonder if the learning curve to learn it myself would be worth it.

Thanks for your answers.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
So, I am unsure of the specific details but you can do various cost promotions with Google to basically pay for priority hits. I cannot say exactly what it cost, but our owner has done it twice over the past couple of years. It is IMMEDIATELY effective and results for at least calling traffic were very high for the duration of the paid installment(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.