Question How could i improve this prebuilt PC?

Jun 9, 2019
I got this crappy PC ages ago as a gift for studying. https://prf.icecat.biz/?shopname=op...8763&vendor=Lenovo&prod_id=90B6005XSP&lang=en I used it for a long time for playing low specs games, and lately im running out of games so i wanted to see if i could upgrade it.

Now the thing is i have arround 200 euros that i would like to spend to maybe upgrade this PC a bit to be able to play some games.

Before i found this site with the specs i was thinking adding something like a RX570 and extra 4gb ram. Can you help me? Idk if its compatible, if it fits, if i have enough power supply, etc.

Also if you have a better idea than RX570 and Ram then feel free to tell me. Thanks for the help :)

Wolfshadw

Titan
Definitely upgrade the RAM, but unsure about the graphics card as we don't know the wattage and capabilities of your power supply. Does it have any 6+2pin PCIe Power connectors?

61xfoMZ%2BjZL._SX425_.jpg

If it doesn't have at least one, it's a good bet you'd need to upgrade the power supply as well in order to utilize a better graphics card.

-Wolf sends

DSzymborski

Titan
That PC comes with either a 180W or a 280W power supply, which definitely means you're going to have to upgrade the PSU for an RX 570, which can hit 170W at load. This particular PC did not come with a GPU more powerful than a 750 Ti. If replacing the power supply isn't an option, the best you can do is a 1050 Ti that doesn't need a power connector (so no aggressively overclocked 1050 Tis).

While a PSU will eat your savings going to a 570 instead of a 1050 Ti, I'd go for the 570 and the new power supply. Or even better, stretch the budget for a 580 with the new power supply; it makes sense to get the most powerful GPU you'd sensibly pair with an i5-4460, which essentially maximizes the life of your PC.

Jun 9, 2019
That PC comes with either a 180W or a 280W power supply, which definitely means you're going to have to upgrade the PSU for an RX 570, which can hit 170W at load. This particular PC did not come with a GPU more powerful than a 750 Ti. If replacing the power supply isn't an option, the best you can do is a 1050 Ti that doesn't need a power connector (so no aggressively overclocked 1050 Tis).

While a PSU will eat your savings going to a 570 instead of a 1050 Ti, I'd go for the 570 and the new power supply. Or even better, stretch the budget for a 580 with the new power supply; it makes sense to get the most powerful GPU you'd sensibly pair with an i5-4460, which essentially maximizes the life of your PC.

I see thanks for the answer, do you have any other things i should look out for? Like i havent been able to find what motherboard i have, i just dont want to waste 200 euros.