[SOLVED] How dangerous is it to transport a pc

Apr 4, 2020
I have a pc but I also have 2 houses. I know it is dangerous to transport a pc sometimes but is there a way that I could transport a pc by car with the gpu and everything not being damaged. If anyone can help that would be great but I need some way to bring a relatively small pc from one house to another.

Solution
If possible, lie it flat on it's 'mainboard down' side, with a thick pillow or 2 blankets underneath where GPU(if applicable) and heatsink weight (like if a colossal cooler like a Noctua) are not an issue...

A couple of bumps in the road with it powered off and transported as above are nothing to fret over...

USAFRet

Titan
The life of a PC, from construction to your living room:

Factory -> conveyor belt -> forklift -> warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> forklift -> shipping container -> ship -> ocean -> big giant forklift thing to grab the shipping container -> ground -> forklift -> truck -> warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> Newegg warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> distro warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> local UPS center -> forklift -> truck all day in the summer heat (or winter cold) -> UPS guy drops it (literally) on your porch.

And you're worried about a couple of miles in the back of the car?
-----------------------------------------

Just be careful with it.

Reactions: Samonato
Apr 4, 2020
The life of a PC, from construction to your living room:

Factory -> conveyor belt -> forklift -> warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> forklift -> shipping container -> ship -> ocean -> big giant forklift thing to grab the shipping container -> ground -> forklift -> truck -> warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> Newegg warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> distro warehouse -> forklift -> truck -> local UPS center -> forklift -> truck all day in the summer heat (or winter cold) -> UPS guy drops it (literally) on your porch.

And you're worried about a couple of miles in the back of the car?
-----------------------------------------

Just be careful with it.
My only question is the hard drive, I understand it moved alot but I’ve heard since it’s screwed in the vibration can sometimes mess it up. Because the packaging on them is sometimes crazy

If possible, lie it flat on it's 'mainboard down' side, with a thick pillow or 2 blankets underneath where GPU(if applicable) and heatsink weight (like if a colossal cooler like a Noctua) are not an issue...

A couple of bumps in the road with it powered off and transported as above are nothing to fret over...

Solution