Question How difficult is it to rebuild a battery pack?

Nov 8, 2019
Dear Community,

I would like to ask whether anyone has any experience or knowledge of rebuilding battery packs because my laptop's battery is just not as it used to and this is something I came across when searching for a new battery. In my opinion, replacement batteries are overpriced and are probably refurbished the same way. Unless your device is still under warranty and you have the option to send your device to the manufacturer and they will fix any issues for you for a "small" fee. The reason I am asking this is because it might not look as difficult to do, but I am a little bit afraid of doing it as I would not want to cause a fire just to save a few bucks. Any other ideas are appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019
As two of you suggested, it might be easier just to buy a replacement battery. After some research, I found out the specific type of my batter which is HPVI04 and it has a capacity of 2200mAh / 33Wh. Currently, it lasts for about 2 hours. Does anyone know how much Watts could a laptop drain in order to figure out how long should a new battery last? An application from Microsoft called Joulemeter was discontinued and I did not find an alternative that would be able to help me out.