Question How Disable Extend Desktop from extended monitor

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Hello

I am currently going crazy trying to get my Yoga 260 laptop to display on my Vizio tv. The problem is I have somewhat locked myself out of troubleshooting because when I plug in my tv it defaults to extend desktop with the TV being default so I can't see anything on my laptop except the extended desktop. So I cant do anything because anything I launch goes to the non working display. Is there anyway to reset this behavior or change the default primary montor back to my laptops screen? I uninstalled the Intel display drivers and it didn't help.

Thanks for your help,

Windows 10

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Thanks for the help guys, rgd that button doesnt work for some reason so I installed the drivers for the hotkeys and nothing seems like a good idea it would have been a nice function to have in that situation. Googled some and it says you must be using display port for that to work. I dont have a display port dongle only HDMI so maybe thats why. I did end up getting it by unplugging it moving the intel window into a spot i knew where it was and just kept grabbing for it with the mouse blindly. That worked, but still stuck as to why the TV wont display. I will keep messing with it..

TRENDING THREADS