How do FedEx/UPS long haul trucks prevent damage from heat to electronics with lithium batteries? Or do they?

_dawn_chorus_

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
I understand lithium batteries like the ones in laptops or a Steam Deck don't like extreme temperatures, so how do shipping companies prevent damage for these types of electronics?
A google search shows the trailers on these trucks can reach 140 F in hot weather. Wouldn't this cause permanent damage to the batteries? Same thing for extremely cold weather.

USAFRet

Titan
Electronics, including lithium batteries, are buit to withstand those temps at rest.

Consider not just the back of the FEDEX truck for an afternoon, but also the shipping container on the ship in the Pacific/Med/Red Sea for a week or two.

Reactions: _dawn_chorus_

Ralston18

Titan
@Alabalcho

Makes sense. Fully agree.

By maintaining trailer temperature X (necessary or not) then no one can sue for the value of that "overheated" load and thus potential damage to the products being hauled.

Boils down (sort of pun intended) to the legal folks fighting it all out.

Was temperature X really maintained? Are the logs and recorders accurate? According to the Weather Service records that day was cloudy and there is no way that the inside trailer temperature could get hotter than X.

ad nauseam.

🤢

D

Deleted member 14196

Railroad guys call refrigerator cars reefers. 😃

And I’ve had plenty of electronics delivered blazing hot so I don’t believe it

Reactions: Alabalcho