[SOLVED] How do get windows 10 in a Hp Proliant ML350P G8?

Insultnavyseal

Reputable
Mar 7, 2017
Trying to get windows 10 to run in my hp proliant ml350p g8. I’m an absolute noob. Other than download win 10 to a usb stick using my laptop and plug it in to the server, I have no real idea what I’m doing. But from what I’ve been reading there’s an issue with the program that controls the hard drives I think.

Not sure how to proceed, I was thinking of making a boot usb from my laptop that has windows 10. Not sure.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice anyone can offer.

Hp proliant ml350p g8
2x e5-2690
96gb ram=24x4gb 1rx4 pc3-10600r
12tb=6x 2tb sas 7.2k hdd

Solution
Even if you are able to install desktop Windows on this server, it won't make great gaming setup (if that is what you are after). You can install Windows Server, and then install Windows 10 as VM inside it. It's up to you to find media and licenses.

kanewolf

Titan
Trying to get windows 10 to run in my hp proliant ml350p g8. I’m an absolute noob. Other than download win 10 to a usb stick using my laptop and plug it in to the server. But from what I’ve been reading there’s an issue with the program that controls the hard drives I think.

Not sure how to proceed, I was thinking of making a boot usb from my laptop that has windows 10. Not sure.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice anyone can offer.

Hp proliant ml350p g8
2x e5-2690
96gb ram=24x4gb 1rx4 pc3-10600r
12tb=6x 2tb sas 7.2k hdd
HP's official answer is that you can't do what you want -- https://community.hpe.com/t5/prolia...50p-gen8-suitable-as-workstation/td-p/7026439

I haven't tried, but I don't see positive posts on the web ...

Even if you are able to install desktop Windows on this server, it won't make great gaming setup (if that is what you are after). You can install Windows Server, and then install Windows 10 as VM inside it. It's up to you to find media and licenses.

Solution