Question how do i add more ssd space

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 26, 2019
No, you shouldn't have to do that.

Do you have any SATA connectors not in use? Then you can connect normal SATA drives too. SATA SSD's are cheaper.
Lots of extra sata chords. I looked at them and they seem to be missing the power chord for an ssd. Is there a place to plug a power chord directly into the MB?

There are such adapters, that combine sata power and sata data cables.
But why would you want it?

97996495_sata-powerdata-to-4-pin-ide-power-date-adapter-cable-.jpg

Sep 26, 2019
ok. So I had the power cable and data cable confused. I have several power cables without the data cables. So I see where to plug the data cables in. Last question. Will installing a new ssd this way work with the current M.2 ssd I have? Can I use them together?

Sep 26, 2019
Sometimes using M.2 drive may disable some onboard sata ports.
User manual of your motherboard doesn't mention anything about sata ports being disabled.
So - yes, you should be able to use M.2 drive and sata drive together.
Thank you so much guys for answering all my questions. Have a wonderful day.

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Thank you so much guys for answering all my questions. Have a wonderful day.
Thanks! You too!

Oh, if you want the new drive to be for storage then you can use a normal hard drive (HDD) instead. It's not that fast, but good for storing photos, videos and things like that. And you can get a 4 TB HDD for the price of a 1 TB SSD. And they use the same SATA connectors.

Reactions: dancz55

TRENDING THREADS