Question how do i add more ssd space

This post would go in the storage section. Memory is RAM.

However, if you have more than 1 m.2 port then you would just install it into the 2nd port. I see you already have a m.2 ssd connected.

If you have no m.2 ports available you would buy a sata ssd such as the samsung 860 evo and connect it via sata cable.

Sep 26, 2019
This post would go in the storage section. Memory is RAM.

However, if you have more than 1 m.2 port then you would just install it into the 2nd port. I see you already have a m.2 ssd connected.

If you have no m.2 ports available you would buy a sata ssd such as the samsung 860 evo and connect it via sata cable.
I posted in storage. My MB is an Asrocks A320m. Does that MB have the 2nd port?

Countess_C

Reputable
Aug 24, 2019
Sep 26, 2019
That's an M.2 to U.2 adapter. Don't you want a PCIe to M.2 adapter instead? Like this one:

https://www.storagereview.com/in_the_lab_netstor_np631n_m2_nvme_to_pcie_host_adapter

Yeah, that's a M.2 NVMe SSD.
what can i plug into the m2 pci express module? What type of ssd would go into it? Im trying to avoid having to clone my drive to a new one.
These are the specs.
4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket, supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Matisse, Picasso, Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge) or Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) (with A-Series APU and Athlon 2xxGE series APU)*

Sep 26, 2019
Yes you can if your M.2 slot is free.
what can i plug into the m2 pci express module? What type of ssd would go into it? Im trying to avoid having to clone my drive to a new one.
These are the specs.
4 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s Connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 10), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug
- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket, supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 SATA3 6.0 Gb/s module and M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Matisse, Picasso, Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge) or Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) (with A-Series APU and Athlon 2xxGE series APU)*

Sep 26, 2019
Your motherboard has M.2 slot. You can use any nvme or sata M.2 drive in it.

You don't need that m2 pci express module (unless you want to connect more than one M.2 drive).
So I can use that m2 pci slot for the same nvme ssd card? The same type that's already in the M.2 slot? seems it would be easier to have another M.2 drive

These are the specs.
Do you have any M.2 SSD installed now ? If not, what drive is your windows installed on ? To get most out of fast M.2 NVMe drive, OS and programs should be installed on it. Otherwise it's vaste of money and you would be better off with classic SATA SSD.

Sep 26, 2019
Do you have any M.2 SSD installed now ? If not, what drive is your windows installed on ? To get most out of fast M.2 NVMe drive, OS and programs should be installed on it. Otherwise it's vaste of money and you would be better off with classic SATA SSD.
this is currently whats in it. HP EX900 NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB-. It seems ive looked at the sata plug ins and they lack the power chord. Plenty of satta connections just no power chord

TRENDING THREADS