Question How do I add Static IP binding in genexis router

ramkithepower

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
Hi
I am used to adding static routes in router configuration page using mac address and IP address. However the new router that my internet provider installed does not have a way to add it this way. I go into Route page in the router site. The below is what I see. How do I add static IP address here.
f0oQz0.png

You are confusing a static route with a static DHCP reservation. Most home user devices are not actual routers they have no ability to route other subnets. This device seems to have very basic router abilities, but it is still pretty useless feature in a home network.

Look in the part of the router under DHCP settings.

Ralston18

Titan
And I will ask which specific Genexis router module? Do you have the applicable User Guide/Manual?

The reason I am asking is because you mentioned "I go into Route page in the router site."

Which I understand to mean that you are accessing the router's configuration menus via the manufacturer's website. Correct?

Hopefully, you should be able to directly access the router's admin pages/configuration menus via your own browser by using 192.168.1.254 (default value).

Reference:

Genexis Router

However, as posted above, if the router only has very basic router abilities then how you access the router will not make a difference.

ramkithepower

Prominent
Jun 22, 2021
And I will ask which specific Genexis router module? Do you have the applicable User Guide/Manual?

The reason I am asking is because you mentioned "I go into Route page in the router site."

Which I understand to mean that you are accessing the router's configuration menus via the manufacturer's website. Correct?

Hopefully, you should be able to directly access the router's admin pages/configuration menus via your own browser by using 192.168.1.254 (default value).

Reference:

Genexis Router

However, as posted above, if the router only has very basic router abilities then how you access the router will not make a difference.
I am using the 192.168.1.1 to access the router admin page. Sadly there are no options on this device page to add static IP addresses. Also I can see only two lan ports in this device. May be its not a router. More like a wifi modem thingy?? Is there a way to add an additional router and set static IPs there?

I guess the question is why do you want to set a static DHCP entry. Many times people do this as part of the port forwarding setup used say for a minecraft server.

So best option is to replace the genexis router completely. Not sure how hard or easy this will be depends on how the internet comes in. If it for example uses a direct fiber connection that can be hard or impossible.

Next if you can set the genexis router to run in bridge/modem mode that would be the next option.

Then in some ways the easiest solution you can just put another router behind the genexis router and turn off the wifi radios on the genexis. You more or less pretend the genexis router does not exist.
The problem comes back to the first question of why you want a static DHCP setting. If it is for example so your fancy "smart" lightbulb always gets the same IP then it is fine. If you are doing it as part of setting up some kind of server then you can do the DHCP part but you now have a larger issue with the port forwarding.