How do i attach this blue looking cable (HDMI i think) to my PC?

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014
Sorry for this idiotic question but i am totally getting confused on my PC and i'm trying to solve what's Crashing F4 and GTA V, my HDMI or this blue looking cable is attached to the upper part of my GTX 770 Palit Jetstream is that the right place to be connected to? or should it be on the bottom?

also there is this gray adapter thing that extends the blue looking cable or hdmi or whatever it is called, in my mind it is something else but i cannot decide as i don't know which is which.

a friend said i should attach it into the bottom because its VGA and if i attach it to the top it causes lag so i wasn't sure of his answer and i decided to ask here.

Solution
Looking at the card you have, the ports you have available are. Two DVI, One HDMI and one display port.

You have an option depending on what type of screen you have, how to connect. HDMI or Display port would be preferred but if your monitor only has DVI you would have to use this. You can also use an adapter to turn either of these ports into VGA ( blue usually )

You only need one of these attached to your screen and I don't think this has any relevance to your crashing. If it was plugged in wrong port, you wouldn't see anything.

Alexis92

Honorable
Feb 16, 2014

so if the VGA cable is old, then that means the one connecting it which is colored gray a good thing? still on't know what its called.

also what do you mean i shouldn't use a vga cable? you mean i should use something else like what cable and which is the hdmi/dvi ports on my GPU? the top part or bottom?

sorry for the questions don't really know much.

GanXteR

Reputable
Apr 21, 2015
Looking at the card you have, the ports you have available are. Two DVI, One HDMI and one display port.

You have an option depending on what type of screen you have, how to connect. HDMI or Display port would be preferred but if your monitor only has DVI you would have to use this. You can also use an adapter to turn either of these ports into VGA ( blue usually )

You only need one of these attached to your screen and I don't think this has any relevance to your crashing. If it was plugged in wrong port, you wouldn't see anything.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS