How do I avoid problems with an OEM version of Windows 7?

BravelySam

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
What happens if you build a new PC and install an OEM version of Windows 7, and the machine runs, but something nonessential to the computer simply being usable (a discreet GPU, for example) doesn't work and needs to be replaced, or something like the motherboard fails soon after building and, again, needs to be replaced. If the OS, being an OEM version, thinks you're trying to put it on a new computer after replacing those parts, it'd be unusable after you only just got it, right? So I ask: is there a way to know everything is working correctly before installing the OS? Has this ever even happened to anyone?

Solution
chaining the GPU, HDD, RAM won't prompt Windows to demand you reauthorize.

When you do reauthorize you just call in and tell them you are repairing the computer. Don't say upgrading or replacing as that can lead them to think this is a different computer and you're trying to use windows on two machines at once. It's very straight forward, fully automated last time I used it, takes maybe 10 or 15 minutes to complete.
chaining the GPU, HDD, RAM won't prompt Windows to demand you reauthorize.

When you do reauthorize you just call in and tell them you are repairing the computer. Don't say upgrading or replacing as that can lead them to think this is a different computer and you're trying to use windows on two machines at once. It's very straight forward, fully automated last time I used it, takes maybe 10 or 15 minutes to complete.

Solution