[SOLVED] How do i avoid the new patchs for the intel cpus disabling hyperthreading?

gikal

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
i found out that ht has some real security flaws, but i dont care about it, i dont handle important or confidencial information, i wanted to know how do i avoid this intel patchs for my i7 8700 nonk? does it come included with new windows 10 updates? or is only applied manually? thanks in advance

Solution
hello sir, thanks for answering me, yes is about the ZombieLoad vulnerabilities, im using windows 10, im just afraid that they will auto disable the ht with new microsoft updates; i hope im wrong and this is only manually applied through microcode updates downloaded from the intel website.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-disable-hyper-threading-spectre-attack,39333.html
"Intel clarified that it's not recommending everyone to disable Hyper-Threading, but that some of its customers should consider the option depending on their security needs: "

Can't prevent some setting that hasn't happened yet.

So far, it is still manually done. Only time will tell.

gikal

Prominent
Apr 24, 2019
Is this in regards to the ZombieLoad vulnerabilities?
Are you using Chrome OS? or Windows?
hello sir, thanks for answering me, yes is about the ZombieLoad vulnerabilities, im using windows 10, im just afraid that they will auto disable the ht with new microsoft updates; i hope im wrong and this is only manually applied through microcode updates downloaded from the intel website.

USAFRet

Titan

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-disable-hyper-threading-spectre-attack,39333.html
"Intel clarified that it's not recommending everyone to disable Hyper-Threading, but that some of its customers should consider the option depending on their security needs: "

Can't prevent some setting that hasn't happened yet.

So far, it is still manually done. Only time will tell.

Reactions: gikal
Solution