How do I backwards download

daniel_326

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016
I need to install Windows Vista again on my PC, but the problem is, I have Windows 10. How do I download Windows Vista from Windows 10?? Please and tank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Luminary

Admirable
There is no direct path to roll back from Windows 10 to Vista.

You would need to already have the Windows Vista installation DVD and valid key. If you had those you would then perform a fresh install on your machine and totally wipe away the Windows 10 installation.

Also, please don't type in all caps, everyone who comments here at Tom's is trying their best to help you.

daniel_326

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016

I don't have a Windows Vista installation DVD. Where could I get one, or download the img onto?

Luminary

Admirable
It's going to be fairly difficult to get a valid copy as they are all VERY old at this point. You can search on Amazon or Newegg for the installation media, and if you find a valid copy you'll also be paying for the new key so be ready to spend about $100.

As Wolfshadw was quick to point out, we only help support legal software use here at Tom's so the best we can do is point you in the direction of buying a new copy of Vista from a trusted vendor.

daniel_326

Reputable
Sep 26, 2016

of course. I'm asking where I download the boot image so I can even get Vista in the first place