[SOLVED] How do I change my Xbox One's Nat type to open?

Jan 6, 2019
Hello, I recently received an Xbox One and noticed that network settings says it's has a strict nat type as well as a "double nat." I set my Xbox to have a static IP and port forwarded Xbox Live's needed ports (TCP 53, TCP 80...) and the nat type changed to open but only for a little bit and then it went back to a strict NAT type; the NAT type seems to randomly change but it usually stays strict. I have put my Xbox One into DMZ mode in my router and do have UPnP turned on. I have a Netgear WNDR3400v3 router. Is it possible to get my NAT type to stay open?

Solution
I get this issue periodically too. I haven't done any sort of port forwarding nor have I changed any settings on my modem. I run a CAT5E from Modem directly to my Xbox. When I get the Strict Nat Type, a hard reset of the modem seems to be the only way to fix it, although it does take a few minutes for the internet to come back online.
Aug 27, 2018
I get this issue periodically too. I haven't done any sort of port forwarding nor have I changed any settings on my modem. I run a CAT5E from Modem directly to my Xbox. When I get the Strict Nat Type, a hard reset of the modem seems to be the only way to fix it, although it does take a few minutes for the internet to come back online.

Solution